Thursday, November 20, 2014

Give Me the Slip

Last autumn, I fell in love with this silky little slip skirt from Zara, but balked at the steep price tag. Fast forward a few months, and I was able to snag it in the post-Christmas sales (it was the last one on the rack and just so happened to be in my size...score!!). 

I'm a big fan of that whole boudoir-chic trend, and I love how surprisingly versatile this little skirt is -- I like to brighten it up with this powder-blue shirt, but I'm also fond of pairing it with a dark blazer to make it more formal, or a big, chunky sweater for a casual look.




Shirt - Forever 21
Skirt - Zara
Tights - Gap
Boots - Steve Madden
Lipstick - Posh Pink (Lancôme) 

6 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit! Totally love the colors and the print! :)

    Victoria, 'The Wind of Inspiration' blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, your smile makes this outfit complete, very beautiful! Love the blouse!

    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming back to a store to find the item you want on sale is the best feeling! I love this outfit! It's so pretty and fun!
    poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look! Love the pattern on the skirt!
    http://tickleyourvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good things come to those who wait! Bet you're glad you didn't pay the full price for the skirt! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you not only being young and pretty, but smart with money too!

    From Jing at www.bejingxu.com

    ReplyDelete