Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Reflections






























Some people find it overrated, but I've always been a fan of New Year's Eve...and New Year's Day too, actually. I love reminiscing on the past year, and planning on making the upcoming one the best one ever! (haha, don't we all?!).

Here are some of the good times I'll remember from 2014:

Honestly, I can't recall too much from January, but February marked the Sochi Winter Olympics, and all the fun and drama that comes with with the Games (I think this may have been my favourite part of the whole thing though). In March/April, my mum and I went to Ireland (see here for our adventures!). The whole family went to Vegas for the first time in May, where we -- obviously -- had a fantastic time (stay tuned for a Thursday Travels post on what we got up to...). Vicky and I had our double graduation from UVic in June, and then June/July marked the 20th FIFA World Cup, which we all got really into (fun fact: Vicky and I love watching football! We had serious game-watching withdrawal symptoms when it was over). In October, I visited my old hometown of Calgary to attend my friend Maria's wedding. I hadn't been back since I left 10 years ago, so it was the weirdest feeling returning -- so much had changed, yet so much had remained the exact same. 

And then there were all those little things that were so 2014, from Neknominations (wow, remember those?!) to Ice Bucket Challenges. So many tragic events were in the news, too, and let's hope and pray that 2015 will be a more peaceful year on a global scale. 

What were your favourite things about 2014?! And what are you looking forward to in the New Year? Happy 2015 to you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fabulous blog. I really enjoyed it Ali. The way you recall all the memorable events makes me realize that Yes! 2014 was a very interesting and eventful year. Here's hoping 2015 will be just as good - or even better!!

    ReplyDelete